Monday, April 9, 2018

God is on time even when I'm not

Today I woke up not feeling my best, but I was determined to get out of the house and yup work hopefully on time. That has been my goal for the last 2 weeks. Be at my desk at or before 8am. For the last 2 weeks, I have met my goal I'm happy to say. Today however, I almost didn't make it.  You see in order to reach my goal, I have to wake up at 530am. No problem you say, but I am a night girl and do not just pop out of bed when the sun rises. In order to meet my goal I have to force myself to get up, fix the dog's food and get me together. I was very sluggish this morning, since I had been sick over the weekend. By the time I was beating my face it was 6:49am and I was just taking the dog for her walk. LATE!!

I take the 7:04 train and in order for me to make it I have to leave at least by 7:55. I try not to procrastinate on this because I know it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to get there but leaving at 7am is just pushing it, even for my procrastination nerve. Well, wouldn't you know it... my 7am MOVE YOUR CAR alarm was going off for the street sweeping. I missed the mark... for the first time in weeks,  I would miss they 7:04 train... ugh. Now I knew I would still meet my goal by taking the next train, but I'd either have to walk to work or hustle to get to the bus. So...I prayed,  LORD LET THE TRAIN BE LATE. This train is rarely late y'all. So I go in faith and as I pull up, the train is pulling up!! Now as the enemy would have it, a car in front of me is going super slow, like he is at the train station to catch the night train not the next train, so he takes his sweet time! So I go around him and park in the first available spot and run for the train. Guess what? I MADE IT! Thank you Lord! I sat down, and as the train pulled out of the station I looked at my phone and it said 7:06am!! The train was late!! Yes, thank you Lord! I'm so grateful because I honestly thought I was going to miss it this time! It's a great thing that God is on time even when I'm not! 

No comments: