Sunday, February 23, 2014

What a difference a year makes!

Welcome to Hollywood!!

Oh my gosh Becky!! I can't believe it's been a year since I moved to Los Angeles California! Last year I was running around Atlanta, GA like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get ready to leave the only state I've ever known as home! Everything was happening so fast and it never hit me until I was on the plane and we were leaving Atlanta. I saw the buildings downtown and all I heard was Michelle Branch's Goodbye to you playing in my head...ugh,  I'm getting verclempt  again just thinking about it! I still remember dragging my luggage to the security as I went through the maze waving at my sister, mom, nephews and my dad. I'd never been away from them this long and this far away.  I still remember my mom saying how you gonna leave me with your crazy daddy?! Lol! She was joking, she loves her baby daddy for real!  My nephews were acting hard, they were quiet and just hugged me like they weren't gonna miss me but they totally were broken up on the inside! Ha! Probably not right? My sister was kinda sad too. I've never seen her seem so emotional about me leaving but I felt her love and sadness. I had said goodbye to my brother a few days before so it wasn't as deep but still sad.  It truly felt surreal to leave home to live thousands of miles across the country to a state I've never been to in my life!  God provided an opportunity I could not refuse and I'm glad I stepped out on faith and took a chance at a new life in Los Angeles, CA!!

I had an awesome opportunity to get a new job, and God blessed me to have my uncle offer to have me stay with him until I found my own place. The pieces fell right into place! Moving to a new state all together was stressful, exciting, nerve wracking, and fun! I had to pack up my life, perform in a show with a 3 weekend run, get my braces off, go to doctors appointments, ship my car, and say goodbye to friends and family!! Whew!! Unfortunately I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone... In one year I have met some amazing people, and reconnected with friends from Georgia. People always ask me how long I'm gonna be here or if I'll ever go back to Georgia, but I always said I'd give it at least a year, and well... here I am a year later!! Who knows what the future holds, but here's a look at some of the things that happened in this last year here in LA!!  


My first pic of my first morning in LA. Awesome view!

SWEETS Candy!!


OOOHHH Beverly Hills, that's where I want to be!!


Sight seeing in San Pedro Korean Friendship Bell!


Me and Robert...He wasn't ready ya'll!! 


I commute on the train everyday for work!! Sometimes It gets like this!


Even went to Las Vegas!!


My first accident in LA...UH OH...IT AINT MY FAULT!


Me , my mom, and my aunt in Venice Beach!


Got my landscape photography on!!


New (work)  Friends. Kindest people you'll ever meet!


My first visit to Dallas, Texas


Apartment hunting with Raphael and Renee! 
I hiked Echo Mountain!! So much fun and BREATHTAKING!


I was on  plane 12 times in 2013!! OMG I was soooo jet-lagged by Christmas!


Me hanging out in San Francisco!


First Christmas in LA!! My landlords are great gift givers!!


Almost got zapped by the Scientology folks!


The LA Shorts Film Fest was awesome!


Finally got back to GA to see my family!


Google+ Hangout!!

Family



Love Tamar's Winter LoversLand!
Hung out with my brother



Meeting celebs at the Pan African Film Festival! Go See and support Blackbird and The Magic City!



Bringing in the new year with NEW GOALS!!







2 comments:

Boonie said...

Happy 1 year anniversary! You're a busy bee, and a great role model on keeping positive and making all possible situations work. I admire your drive, energy, and kind heartedness. I can't wait to see more posts and more of your goals accomplished this year. California loves you here :)

funnybone79 said...

Thank you Boonie!! I appreciate your kind words and encouragement! It has been a great year! I admire you too! Your sweet and positive spirit reminds me why I am here, to meet and connect with all the kind, creative people like you! Maybe we should shoot together sometime!