Sunday, October 5, 2008

60 MPH is the new full tank

So since the recent gas shortage has gotten everybody changing their gasoline options, I have decided to drastically change mine. Well it is drastic for me, because I usually drive 75-80mph. (flow of traffic...hey this is the 'A') I have decided to start driving 60 MPH pn the highway to conserve the gas in my tank. On Sunday, I had a little over a half of a tank, and that was that night. Monday through Friday I have to drive approximately 35-40miles each way to work. What I noticed by Wednesday was that I was one notch under a half of a tank. That's pretty good considering I went to TACO MAC with the gang after acting class too. Anyhoo, by Friday my tank was at a quarter of a tank and you might say "Go Fill Up!!" but I knew that I probably wouldn't have to until Saturday after class. I was correct. I sometimes wait to get gas depending on how much money I have at the time and the price did seem to go down when I got it.

Overall, I found that though I may piss off a few people driving that slow, it tremendously saved me a huge amount of gas. You should try it for a week and see don't your pockets thank you for it. I also noticed more of my surroundings and wasn't as rushed when I got to work. That's another thing, make sure you leave in enough time to get to work. Just putting in my 2 cents...that I saved driving along with the regular slow pokes. The S-L-O LANE!! LOL!!

No comments: